Before the weekend, all readers who cook will ask themselves this eternal question: What shall we eat? To inspire you, Press Here are some tips to help you keep your mouth watering.
Posted June 3
Delightful strawberry jam with basil
- 2 kg of strawberries
- 500 grams of honey
- 500 g sugar cane
- 1 small bundle of basil
- 1. Melt the honey and sugar in a saucepan.
- 2. When boiling, add strawberries, clean (if necessary) and pre-mix.
- 3. Cook over medium heat. Jam is better to cook quickly.
- 4. Remove the foam that forms on it. Renee does this when food is being prepared to prevent it from re-entering the fruit.
- 5. The mixture is ready when heated to 105 ° C (221 ° F) with a sugar thermometer.
Another way to check if the jam is ready is to place it on a very cold plate, for example, out of the refrigerator. We put the dish in the fridge for a few minutes. We take it out, we move our finger in the middle to detect congestion, and if it is well detached, it is ready.
- 6. Fill the jars in bulk, leaving about 1 cm below the edge.
- 7. Insert 1 or 2 basil leaves (previously washed) into each pot using a knife.
- 8. Wear the cover and trim it tightly.
- 9. Return the jam jars to the oven at 110 ° C (230 ° F) for 10 minutes.
- 10. Take it out, and let it cool.
Posted in Press + August 12, 2017
Quickly done well: Cook in two ways with the Quebec strawberries.
Pouring olive oil on bread? It is the most common practice in the Mediterranean. In Spain, for breakfast, we then add honey or tomatoes to our soup. Inspired by this tradition, Olive and Olive founder Claudia Farad agrees with this strawberry.
- Your favorite bread pieces
- “Fruit green” olive oil with a light flavor like olive and olive # 1
- Strawberry compote, ideally home-made or store-bought
- Fresh strawberries from Quebec, sliced
- Chocolate spread with olive and olive oil, such as dark chocolate and olive oil
- 1. Grease the loaves of bread in the oven.
- 2. Drizzle each piece with olive oil.
- 3. On the first fry, add strawberry compote.
- 4. On the second piece of bread, spread the chocolate spread, then add the strawberries.
- 5. Enjoy good coffee!
Published on lapresse.ca on July 25, 2020.
Call me boss! : Red deer tataki, balsamic berry and summer salad
For 4 people
Ingredients of tataki
- 500 g Red Deer Serloin or Thin Cake (Ask for a piece of pre-cleaned meat without veggies and fat)
- 2 tbsp. Teaspoon sweet bay or bourbon spice
- 1 c. Fresh ground pepper
- 2 tbsp. Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 c. cider vinegar
- 2 cents salt
Ingredients for summer salad
- 150 grams of micronutrients, lamb salad or fresh arugula
- 1 English pumpkin from Quebec
- 1 cup Quebec strawberries and a few more for garnish
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Heat the sides of the meat in a high heat pan. (Do not overcook the meat. Only brown on top.)
- 2. Mix the other ingredients for the batter in a bowl.
- 3. Carefully wipe all sides of the meat with this mixture.
- 4. Leave to soak for at least 3 hours.
- 5. Remove the meat from the marinade and cut into small pieces.
- 6. Place the meat on a large plate or in 4 bowls for personal use.
Prepare the summer salad
- 7. Wash the English pumpkin and cut it into pieces of julienne.
- 8. Wash the strawberries, grate and cut in half.
- 9. Wash the microwave.
- 10. Mix all the other ingredients for a summer salad in a small bowl and set aside.
- 11. Before serving, toss the vegetables in the desired amount of vinaigrette.
- 12. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 13. Place the salad next to the meat on each plate (as in the photo). Decorate with a few more strawberries. Enjoy your lunch!
* If you have leftover vinaigrette, it will stay in the fridge for several weeks.
Published on lapresse.ca on June 20, 2020.
Guess the happy fries with Luceville Fried Strawberries, Panacota with fresh cream and old flowers, Jardins de Metis with brown sugar and honey
For 4 people
- 500 grams of strawberries from Friesier du Nord East
- Hot Elders
- Ingredients for Panacota
- 250 ml fresh cream from Fromagerie Le Détour
- 250 ml 35% cream
- 50 g light brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh or dried flowers
- 3 gelatin leaves
Ingredients for crème br .lée
- 100 grams of unsalted butter
- 100 grams of light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. Soup Honey from Reford Garden
- 200 grams of organic flour from Ferme Geonel
- 1 cent fine sea salt
- 1. Add cold 35% cream and elder flowers. 12 o’clock 00 hour book.
- 2. Grease the gelatine in a bowl of cold water. Pour 35% cream and old flower mixture into a saucepan. Heat brown sugar until cooked through. Pack the gelatine well and add to the 35% cream and brown sugar mixture. Mix well to dissolve the gelatine and mix with the hot cream.
- 3. Pour into a saucepan and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- 4. Remove the butter from the refrigerator and let it rise to room temperature for at least an hour before preparing the recipe.
- 5. Combine flour, brown sugar, softened butter into small cubes and salt to taste.
- 6. Mix everything until you get some dry sand.
- 7. Spread honey on the mixture.
- 8. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 9. Boil the strawberries and place them directly on the BBQ grill. Let the strawberries be caramelized.
- 10. Serve a large pancake cone with strawberries on top, garnish with crumbs and garnish with a few fresh elder flowers.
Published on lapresse.ca on June 20, 2020.
Health! : Ultra Strawberry Cocktail
After a while, the soda stream (to carbonate your water yourself) may be in danger of extinction if you do not splash a little too much into your food. Here are some inspiration from La Guilde Culinaire Chief Chef Jonathan Garnier.
- 250 ml (1 cup) strawberry juice or strawberry juice
- 90 ml (6 tbsp) black rum
- Half a lemon juice
- 250 ml (1 cup) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 pinch long pepper, ground
- 250 ml (1 cup) of sparkling water (or soda stream)
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the strawberries, oranges and lemon juice.
- 2. Add the rum, crushed pepper and a few ice cubes. Mix well.
- 3. Stir in the soda water, holding the maximum gas.
- 4. Add the water to the juice mixture and allow to cool.
Published on October 23, 2014 in La Presse +.